Current Research in Bioinformatics
This special issue is for articles published in the first International Bioinformatics Day hosted by the Université M'Hamed Bougara de Boumerdes (Algeria) in collaboration with Université libre de Bruxelles (Belgium).
Bioinformatics is an indispensable discipline in the fields of biotechnology, biology, biomedical sciences and agribusiness. It plays a very important role in the processing of biological data flowing massively into databases that concern all levels of life; DNA, RNA, proteins, cells, individuals, populations and species between and in their environments and ecosystems.
- Communicating the progress of scientific research in bioinformatics and the prospects for the future.
- Highlighting the fundamental importance of bioinformatics for the life sciences.
- Giving a broad view of the applications of omics techniques in biotechnology, biomedical sciences and agri-food and thus meet the challenges of the 21st century in health and environment.
- Promoting scientific exchanges between national and international researchers and young researchers.
- Strengthening the exchange of ideas and national and international collaborations.